Atlanta Hawks vs. Philadelphia 76ers Preview
The Good Guys’ Lineup:
The Bad Guys’ Lineup:
Who?: Atlanta Hawks (40 – 31) @ Philadelphia 76ers (36 – 34)
When?: March 23rd, 2011; 7:00 PM (Eastern Time)
Where?: Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia, PA)
How?: SportSouth(TV) & 99X FM(97.9 radio)
Fansided’s Philadelphia 76ers Blog: The Sixer Sense
76ers vs. Hawks Season Series:
Atlanta will face the 76ers for the fourth and final time this season. The Hawks are 2-1 in the season series, winning one game at home and on the road, and losing one game at home. In their last meeting, the 76ers blew out the Hawks 117 to 83. This was one of the games the Hawks got blown out because Al Horford was out with an injury.
Cool Facts :
- Kirk Hinrich and Andres Nocioni are former teammates in Chicago.
- Louis Williams is a Georgia native and he was named “Mr. Basketball” twice for the state of GA.
- Thaddeus Young is a former Yellow Jacket. He played for Georgia Tech for one season before declaring for the NBA Draft.
- Al Horford and Marreese Speights are former college teammates in the University of Florida.
- Jodie Meeks is from Norcross GA.
The Hawks are coming off the worst game of the season just yesterday, so this is a must win for the Hawks. The Hawks are on a downhill slope on the way to the playoffs. The Hawks need to gain some type of momentum heading into the post season. A win against the 76ers will be a good start.
A win tonight will start at the defensive end. Last night, the Hawks’ defense was non existent. The Bulls got easy looks through out the game and went inside whenever they wanted to. The players will need to give better effort on the defensive end, and Coach Drew will need to put the right players out there (don’t play Jamal at the PG spot) tonight.
The shot selection needs to be better too. The Hawks only scored 18 points in the paint yesterday (all in the first half). Joe Johnson needs to stop over dribbling and Josh Smith needs to limit the amount of jumpshots he takes. If both of them are able to do that, the offense should look a lot better.
The Sixers are a tough team. They’re a pretty deep team. They have a solid starting lineup but their five man bench is pretty good….Lou Williams-Evan Turner-Andres Nocioni-Thaddeus Young-Marreese Speights.
What (or who) to watch out for:
- The Hawks will clinch a playoff spot if they win tonight’s game.
- The Hawks have a chance to extend their current 3.5 game lead against the Sixers to 4.5 if they win. If they lose, the Sixers will only be 2.5 games behind the Philadelphia 76ers.
- Al Horford. He has gotten two double-doubles in the two games he’s played against the Sixers.
- Jamal Crawford. He was nowhere to be found yesterday. Will he be more aggressive tonight?
- Elton Brand. He’s had good games against the Hawks this season. Can Josh Smith or Al Horford limit the amount of touches he gets?
- Jeff Teague. He was probably the only bright spot yesterday. Will Coach Drew put him back in the rotation or will he stay in the doghouse?
- Milestone Watch: Jamal Crawford needs 7 more Field Goals Made to put his career total to 4000.
Prediction: Call me crazy, but I think the Hawks re-group in this game and win this one. Hawks win by single digits.