Atlanta Hawks vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Preview
The Good Guys’ Lineup:
The Bad Guys’ Lineup:
Who?: Atlanta Hawks (41 – 32) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (14 – 57)
When?: March 27th, 2011; 6:00 PM (Eastern Time)
Where?: Quicken Loans Arena (Cleveland, OH)
How?: SportSouth(TV) & 99X FM(97.9 radio)
Fansided’s Cleveland Cavaliers Blog: Right Down Euclid
Cleveland: Semih Erden (strained adductor), Antawn Jamison (fractured finger), and Anderson Varejao (foot/ankle injury) are out for tonight’s game.
Atlanta: Joe Johnson injured his thumb yesterday vs. the Cavs and will miss at least tonight’s game.
Cavaliers vs. Hawks Season Series:
The Hawks and the Cavaliers face for the third-and-final time this season. The Hawks have won two of the matchups so far this season. The Hawks will be looking to sweep the season series against the Cavs tonight, something they haven’t done since the 03-04 season.
Cool Facts :
- Larry Drew is a former assistant coach under Byron Scott in New Jersey. They were also former teammates when they were with the Lakers.
- J.J. Hickson went to Wheeler High School in Marietta, GA.
- The Hawks are 13-8 on the second game of a back-to-back.
What (or who) to watch out for:
- Jeff Teague. I’m thinking LD will opt to put Teague in the starting lineup and move Hinrich to the 2 guard since Joe Johnson is out. Teague vs. Sessions is a match-up to watch out for. Sessions was a player that was rumored the Hawks might trade for weeks ago so it will be fun to see the Hawks’ “future” point guard match-up against “what could have been” player.
- J.J. Hickson vs. Josh Smith. Josh Smith has been playing well lately and J.J. Hickson has played some good (2) games against the Hawks this season.
- Al Horford. He is still donating $1,000 for every point he scores tonight to the Japan relief efforts. He had 23 points yesterday, let’s hope he goes for 30 tonight.
- Baron Davis vs. Jamal Crawford 6th man battle. Both are capable starters who are coming off the bench. Both can provide a spark offensively for their team. Who provides the better spark?
Prediction: Even without Joe, I’m thinking a win tonight. I hope the Hawks can prove me right for the second straight game.