Indiana Pacers vs. Atlanta Hawks Preview
The Good Guys’ Lineup:
The Bad Guys’ Lineup:
Who?: Atlanta Hawks (44 – 34) @ Indiana Pacers (36 – 43)
When?: April 8th, 2011; 7:00 PM (Eastern Time)
Where?: Conseco Fieldhouse (Indianapolis, IN)
How?: SportSouth HD(TV), & 99X FM(97.9 radio)
Indiana: None to report.
Atlanta: Josh Smith & Jason Collins are at least out for the next two games.
Pacers vs. Hawks Season Series:
What (or who) to watch out for:
- Jeff Teague. The starters and the regular rotational players will receive less minutes, providing more minutes for a guy like Jeff Teague. With Teague being a native of Indiana, I wouldn’t be surprised if he comes out with more energy than everyone and try to take over the game.
- Roy Hibbert. Hibbert has had a good game against the Hawks this season, dominating the frontline. With Jason Collins out, and Zaza Pachulia and Al Horford having to guard him for most of the night, Roy Hibbert just might have another huge game. Zaza and Al are both solid defensive post players but Hibbert’s length can give them trouble.
- Danny Granger vs. Joe Johnson. I’m not sure if either of them will matchup with one another defensively, but it will be fun to see who has a better offensive game. Joe Johnson hasn’t been shy of taking a lot of shots recently and Granger has been the #1 option for the Pacers all season long. Would be fun to see a classic scoring battle between the two #1 options.
- Hawks defense. The defense in the past two games have been suspect, probably because Josh Smith has been injured the past two games. Can the Hawks show that they can be a good defensive team without him or does Josh Smith really define the defense of the team?
- Shot selection. It seems like there’s not much use to spotlight this since the shot selection always seems to be a problem and not much has changed, but I’m going to keep doing it. Who knows? Maybe this will be the turning point…..
Prediction: This game won’t mean much for either team. The Hawks havethe 5th seed locked up and the Pacers have the 8th seed locked up. A win or loss for either team won’t mean much. That being said, with Josh Smith out and the Pacers hosting the game in Indiana, I’m picking Indiana to win this one.