Orlando Magic vs. Atlanta Hawks Preview
The Good Guys’ Lineup:
The Bad Guys’ Lineup:
Who?: Atlanta Hawks (44 – 38) @ Orlando Magidc (52 – 30)
What?: Series is tied (1-1)
When?: April 22nd, 2011; 8:00 PM (Eastern Time)
Where?: Philips Arena (Atlanta, GA)
How?: SportSouth HD(TV), ESPN2(TV) & 99X FM(97.9 radio)
Orlando: Daniel Orton is out.
Atlanta: Etan Thomas may not be available.
What (or who) to watch out for:
- Homecourt advantage in Philips Arena. I felt one of the biggest reasons the Hawks won all 3 games at home vs. the Celtics in 2008 was because of the crowd. Philips Arena was crazy during the 2008 playoffs. The crowd was electric and really gave the team a needed boost. It’s up in the air if the Hawks can experience the same thing this post season, but nonetheless, it’s still up to the players. If the crowd does show up, the Hawks need to make the plays to get the crowd going. The 2008 Philips Arena crowd was nice, but it was the players that always ignited the crowd. Once the Hawks start, the crowd starts. And once the crowd starts, momentum is on the Hawks’ side. I really hope the crowd will be electric.
- Magic 3 point threats. The Orlando Magic have yet to get it going from beyond the arc in the first two games of the series. The Hawks have guarded them well, but the Orlando Magic players did miss quite a few open shots. Will that continue?
- Dwight Howard. Need I say more?
- Joe Johnson’s decision making. Joe got a lot of pressure from the Magic players in Game 2, but he didn’t play well because he took too long to make a decision on whether to attack or pass the ball. Joe needs to play smarter, quicker, and more aggressive tonight. I don’t want Average Joe.
- Jamal Crawford. Why do I think he’s in for a big game tonight? Like a 30 point effort? Jamal Crawford has yet to play a GREAT playoff game in Philips Arena (this only being his 7th playoff game in Philips Arena), he’s bound to have one.
Prediction: Give me the Hawks. “Dwhite (Dwight) Out will be in full effect tonight and I think the Hawks will feed off the energy from the crowd and go up 2-1 in this playoff series.