The NBA and all 30 teams just released their 66 game schedule. Don’t worry folks, this is the official one. No more changes, and no more cancellations.
Let’s break down the Atlanta Hawks‘ schedule, bullet point style.
- Only two preseason games (both will be against the Charlotte Bobcats).
- First preseason game will be in Charlotte on December 19th.
- Second and final preseason game will be in Atlanta on December 22nd.
Regular Season Notes:
- The Atlanta Hawks’ first regular season game will be played on the road against the New Jersey Nets, on December 27th.
- The home opener in Philips Arena will be played the day after the season opener, against the Washington Wizards..
- The Hawks last 5 regular season games will be played at home, last will be vs. the Dallas Mavericks.
- 13 games will be national televised. 6 on ESPN, 6 on NBATV, and 1 on TNT.
- 6 teams won’t be visiting Philips Arena this season: Hornets, Kings, Lakers, Nuggets, Rockets, and Spurs.
- 6 teams will not see the Atlanta Hawks in their home floor: Grizzlies, Jazz, Mavericks, Timberwolves, Thunder, and Warriors.
- The Hawks have three 4 home game stretches and one 5 home game stretch.
- 16 out of the 33 home games will be played on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
- There will be 7 home games on Friday (Nets, Bucks, Wizards, Nets, Knicks, Pistons, Celtics).
- There will be 5 home games on Saturday (Bulls, Timberwolves, Cavaliers, 76ers, Thunder).
- There will be 4 home games on Sunday (Heat, Jazz, Raptors, and Knicks).
- The Hawks will play their first 9 games in a span of 12 days.
- The Hawks will play 14 back-to-backs.
- The Hawks will play 2 back-to-back-to-backs. (January 5-7; vs. Heat, at Bobcats, vs. Bulls) (March 23-25; vs. Nets, at Wizards, vs. Jazz).
- The Hawks are 1 of the 10 teams that have more than one back-to-back-to-backs.
- The Hawks have two 5 game road trips and one 6 game road trip.
- According to NBATV, the Hawks will play 4 games, in 4 cities, in 3 different time zones in 6 days at one point in time.
Man, I don’t know about you, but I’m already exhausted just by looking at the schedule, and I’m not the one playing. It’s going to be one busy and hectic season…but you know what? It doesn’t matter. At least we have NBA and Atlanta Hawks basketball back.