Who?: Atlanta Hawks vs Portland Trail Blazers
What?: East coast vs West coast Showdown (Game # 6, Road game #3)
Where?: Rose Garden (Portland, OR)
When?: Monday, November 12, 2012 – 10:00 PM (ET)
How?: SportSouth HDTV & 680AM/93.7FM
Projected Starting Lineups:
PG: Jeff Teague | SG: Kyle Korver | SF: DeShawn Stevenson| PF: Josh Smith | C: Al Horford
Portland Trail Blazers:
PG: Damian Lillard | SG: Wesley Matthews | SF: Nicolas Batum | PF: JJ Hickson | C: LaMarcus Aldridge
Injury/Inactive Players Report:
Atlanta Hawks: Johan Petro (lower back pain) is questionable.
Portland Trail Blazers: Elliot Williams (left Achilles tendon) will not play.
Current Records/Streak & Hot, Lukewarm, or Cold:
Records: Atlanta Hawks (2-3) … Portland Trail Blazerss (2-4)
Streak: Atlanta Hawks –> OVERALL: Lost 2 / HOME: Lost 1 / ROAD: Lost 1 … Portland Trail Blazers –> OVERALL: Lost 3 / HOME: Lost 2 / ROAD: Lost 1
Away/Home Records: Hawks are (1-1) on the road … Trail Blazers are (1-2) at home
Atlanta Hawks: Cold. Atlanta hasn’t scored 100+ points since the season-opener against the Houston Rockets, and most recently got held to just 76 points against the Los Angeles Clippers yesterday. On top of the lackluster offense, the Hawks’ two best scorers — Josh Smith and Lou Williams — may not play tonight due to illness.
Portland Trail Blazers: Lukewarm. Although Portland is on a three-game losing-streak, each of their losses has decreased by 10 points since losing by 23 to Dallas. Following the Mavs game, the Blazers lost to the Clippers by 13, than to the Spurs by 3. If this trend keeps going, that means the Blazers will beat the Hawks by seven points tonight.
Season/Past Season Series Notes:
• The all-time series between Portland and Atlanta is tied at 50. Both teams are 33-17 against the other at home.
• The Trail Blazers split two games with the Hawks in 2011-12. Portland’s win on Feb. 18 last season snapped a six game winning streak
for the Hawks in the series.
• The Trail Blazers have not won the season series against Atlanta since the 2007-08 season, when Portland won the regular season
• Portland has won 10 of the last 13 games against Atlanta at the Rose Garden, dating back to the 1999-2000 season.
• Prior to the Trail Blazers’ 97-77 win over Atlanta last season, the previous fi ve games played between the two teams were decided
by nine points or fewer.
• Portland and Atlanta have played in three overtime games against each other the past six seasons.
• Neither team has scored over 100 points against each other since a 108-98 win for the Trail Blazers on Feb. 20, 2009.
• Portland held the Hawks to 84.5 points per game in two games played against them in 2011-12.
• The Trail Blazers averaged 14.0 offensive rebounds per game against Atlanta last season, while the Hawks averaged just 4.5 offensive
boards per game against Portland.
• In two games against Atlanta in 2011-12, LaMarcus Aldridge averaged 19.5 points, 10.5 rebounds and 4.0 assists per game.
• Wesley Matthews averaged 3.5 steals per game against the Hawks last season, playing just 55 total minutes in two games against
• In two games against Atlanta last season, Nicolas Batum shot 52.9 percent (9-of-17) from the fi eld.
• Josh Smith averaged 15.5 points, 10.5 rebounds, 6.0 assists and 2.0 blocks per game against the Trail Blazers last season.
Ivan Johnson attended the University of Oregon in 2005-06. Anthony Tolliver played two games for the Blazers during the 2009-10 campaign. Assistant coach Lester Conner starred at Oregon State, earning Pac-10 Player of the Year honors as a senior under Ralph Miller. Assistant Nick Van Exel was a Blazer in 2004-05. Terry Stotts was Atlanta’s head coach from 2003-04, recording a 52-85 mark. J.J. Hickson attended Wheeler High School in Marietta. Wesley Matthews’ father Wes played in 152 games in a Hawks uniform in different stints between 1980 and 1990.