Kyrie Irving is back.
He proved that by lighting up the Atlanta Hawks for 15 points and drilling a buzz beater before the first half expired that is sure to make the SportsCenter Top 10 highlights tonight.
Despite his stellar first half performance, Cleveland trails Atlanta 55-54 at halftime.
First Half Notes
– The Hawks started the game on a 8-0 run on 4/5 shooting.
– Cavs came back and took 11-10 lead after Hawks committed 4 turnovers.
– Cleveland’s backcourt of Kyrie Irving and Dion Waiters exhibited their physicality over Atlanta’s guards early and often combining for 16 first-quarter points and 31 after two periods.
– ATL shot 52.4% in Q1. CLE shot 45.8%.
– Cleveland led 26-25 after first quarter.
– Jeff Teague has 14pts in 17mins on 6/9 shooting.
– The Hawks jumped out to 50-39 with 4:05 remaining in the half. Cavs stormed back and cut deficit to 55-54.
– Anthony Tolliver scored season-high 11 points in second quarter.