It’s an oldie but a goodie.
Adidas unveiled the new (or old depending how you look at it) Atlanta Hawks retro jersey the team will be rocking in an upcoming game.
Six other teams also had their throwback threads released, all of which pay tribute to the 1990’s. The Phoenix Suns wore theirs on Wednesday against the Los Angeles Lakers and four other teams sported the old school look on Friday (Bucks, Bulls, Heat and Pacers). The Hawks and Kings will don their classics later this moth.
“These classic jerseys blend adidas performance and style to meet the needs of today’s NBA players,” said Lawrence Norman, vice president, adidas global basketball. “We hope NBA fans enjoy this ‘blast from the past’ as they relive the stand-out styles of the 1990s.”
Here’s how the jerseys are described:
• Atlanta Hawks “Spreadwings” home uniform (’98-99 season): Features the Atlanta Hawk stretching its wings across the front of the jersey
• Chicago Bulls “Pinstripe” alternate road uniform (’95-96 season): Features red stripes on a black jersey with red and white trim
• Indiana Pacers “Classic pinstripe” home uniform (’96-97 season): Features navy stripes on a white jersey with gold and navy trim
• Miami Heat “Deep Red” alternate road uniform (’95-96 season): Features black and white letters and numbers on a red jersey with black and white trim
• Milwaukee Bucks “Full Buck” alternate road uniform (’95-96 season): Features a purple and white buck next to the number on the front of a hunter green jersey
• Phoenix Suns “Steaming Sun” alternate road uniform (’94-95 season): Features a sun blasting diagonally across the chest above the number on a black jersey
• Sacramento Kings “Checkerboard” uniform (’96-97 season): Features purple and white checkers on the sides of the jersey and shorts with the left side of the jersey colored purple and the right side colored black
Fans can buy these jerseys at NBAStore.com and team shops for $100.
The new classics will be worn during NBA Hardwood Classics Nights games beginning Jan. 30 and concluding March 30.”
The 10 NBA Hardwood Classic Nights will be nationally broadcast on ABC, TNT, NBA TV and ESPN as follows:
Wednesday, Jan. 30: Los Angeles Lakers at Phoenix Suns* (ESPN)
Friday, Feb. 1: Miami Heat* at Indiana Pacers* (ESPN)
Friday, Feb. 8: Los Angeles Clippers at Miami Heat* (ESPN)
Saturday, Feb. 9: Utah Jazz at Sacramento Kings* (NBA TV)
Thursday, Feb. 14: Miami Heat* at Oklahoma City Thunder (TNT)
Wednesday, Feb. 20: Atlanta Hawks* at Miami Heat* (ESPN)
Thursday, Feb. 21: Miami Heat* at Chicago Bulls* (TNT)
Saturday, March 3: Chicago Bulls* at Indiana Pacers* (ESPN)
Sunday, March 10: Chicago Bulls* at LA Lakers (ABC)
Saturday, March 30: Indiana Pacers* at Phoenix Suns* (NBA TV)
* Denotes team(s) wearing Hardwood Classics uniforms