Atlanta Hawks training camp kicked off yesterday at the Coliseum Training Facility on the campus of the University of Georgia in Athens.
They held a two-a-day with the first practice session in the morning from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., and another session in the evening from 5:15 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
A few quick injury-related notes:
- John Jenkins returned to “100%” after back injury.
- Lou Williams only “participated in non-contact drills,” and is still a few months away from ACL recovery.
- Jeff Teague was a “full participant” despite a sprained right wrist.
- Mike Scott “tweaked” his ankle early in practice and was limited afterwards.
“There were a number of scrimmages during the part of the morning session,” reports Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Of the 20 players on the camp roster, 18 took part in the scrimmages — Williams and Scott sat out during that portion. The players were then split into four units:
- Jeff Teague, Kyle Korver, DeMarre Carroll, Paul Millsap and Al Horford.
- Dennis Schröder, John Jenkins, James Johnson, Pero Antić and Elton Brand.
- Royal Ivey, Damien Wilkins, Adonis Thomas, Eric Dawson and Gustavo Ayón.
- Shelvin Mack, Jared Cunningham, David Lighty, Dawson and Ayón.
The Hawks will stay in Athens until Thursday, then will return home to host an open scrimmage at Philips Arena on Saturday.
The preseason schedule tips off Monday (Oct. 7th) in Miami against the Heat.
Check back later for Day 2 updates.
Topics: Atlanta Hawks