Atlanta Hawks center Al Horford and his wife, Amelia Vega, welcomed the birth of their first child on Monday!
The couple gave birth to a son, Ean Horford Vega.
Horford posted a photo and message of the announcement on instagram.
“Happy to announce the birth of our son, ‘Ean Horford Vega.’ A blessing That We Received From The Lord; Today February 23rd 2015,” Horford wrote.
“We knew that any day after the 20th (of February) was possible,” Horford said following practice Tuesday. “It was a good day yesterday. It feels great. There are definitely different emotions coming out that I’ve never experienced before. It’s pretty awesome.”
Poppa Horford said baby Ean and Momma are both healthy and resting comfortably.
Al and Amelia, who is a former Miss Universe, married in 2011. The couple announced in March they were expecting their first child.
Amelia was the first Dominican woman to be named Miss Universe when she won the honor in 2003. At the age of 18, she was the youngest winner since 1994.
Congrats, Al and Amelia!
More from Soaring Down South
- Atlanta Hawks: Why Brandon Goodwin deserved a regular contract
- Atlanta Hawks: So Long Vince Carter… Maybe
- Trae Young is having a lot of fun on social media during the NBA hiatus
- Atlanta Hawks: 3 most likely candidates to become the teams third star
- 3 Atlanta Hawks Draft Prospects We Wished We Saw in March Madness